Chic women value their health and look after themselves. When faced with a decision related to their health, they make the Chic Choice.
If you think about all the chic and elegant women that you know, they are probably all healthy and slim, with an inner vitality and glow.
You may already be happy with your health and the way that you eat and exercise, but if not or you are interested in a few more tips, you may like to read about more ways to Chic health.
Chic health involves:
- Cooking and Eating Healthily - At the least try to eat three healthy balanced meals a day, preferably home cooked using fresh ingredients. Real food is delicious and much healthier than fast or processed food.
- If you can't cook, take the time to learn. Try out a new recipe a few times and once you have mastered it move on to trying out another one. Find your signature dish, the one dish that is chic and sensational, that you cook when you invite friends and family around.
- Make eating an occassion - eating at the dining table is more chic than eating on the sofa in front of the tv.
- Eat slowly so your brain has time to process the fact that you are eating and enjoy every mouthful. Stop when your body tells you it has had enough.
- Learn how to maintain or reduce a healthy weight through portion control. I eat three medium sized healthy meals a day and my weight remains stable. Like most women, my weight tends to go up a bit after Christmas or a vacation, so for a few days or weeks afterwards, I reduce the amount on my plate until it drops back to the previous level.
- If you need to loose a lot of weight join a programme that shows you how to cook and eat healthily .
- Enjoy the world of food. I love cooking and exploring small ethnic food shops and delicatessants for unusual food and ingredients.
- Drink fresh water regularly throughout the day. It is good for your body and also hydrates your skin. A small bottle of sparkling mineral water is tres chic, but a cheaper alternative is tap water in a pretty glass.
- Try to avoid drinking too much alchohol and caffeine, both of which are dehydrating and it isn't chic to be drunk.
- Regular exercise. Regular exercise is good for both mental and physical health. Try to find a form of exercise that you enjoy. Other ways to get more exercise include adding more ways of walking, for example, taking the stairs instead of the lift or escalator
- Rest and Relaxation. Have enough sleep each night and set aside time each day or week to relax and recuperate.