In order to start becoming more Chic, it is important to understand exactly what Chic is.
How do you define chic? Where on earth do you start to define that elusive something that some women have and others do not?
An easy place to start is with a dictionary definition of Chic:
Chic: A person who is classy and sophisticated in both dress and manner.
The word Chic was first used in France in 1856 and probably derives from the German word Schick, which means skill, fitness, elegance and finess.
- A chic woman is always elegant and attractive in her appearance.
- She looks smart, clean and well groomed
- Her clothes are usually simple, modest, well fitting and stylish.
- Has good manners, is always classy without being a pushover or being flashy.
- Intelligent, with a fun sense of humour and a genuine enjoyment of life.
- Has an aura of quiet confidence and self-belief.