A persons home is a reflection of their inner self, their beliefs, decisions, habits and routines. A Chic woman usually has a chic home as she has made a lifestyle choice to make her home chic. If you want to be chic, your home, like your clothes, is an outer expression of your inner self and choices.
A Chic home is:
- A Clean and Tidy Home - The best way to keep your home clean and tidy is to have a tidy round every night before you go to bed or first thing in the morning. This keeps you on top of the clutter. Then do the housework such as dusting, hoovering and mopping floors once a week. If you really struggle to keep your home clean and tidy, you may like to visit the website "FlyLady". Every day she gives readers a small list of tasks to do each day and before you know it your home is looking much better.
- Keep your home free of clutter - If you struggle with clutter, go through your home and learn from the Shakers who said "Keep only that which is useful or beautiful".
- "A place for everything and everything in it's place". A chic home is a well organised home. There is adequate storage facilities for everything that you own and once you have finished with something, you put it back in it's place.
- Use your best and chicest things every day - Using your best things everyday means saying no to everything else that you own that is unchic and mediocre. When you get rid of these items, your home will feel less cluttered and more special.
- Chic Home Accessories - A chic home contains chic accessories such as a vase of fresh flowers or scented candles. Neither of these need be expensive and easily add a chic and femenine touch to your home.
- Keep one room chic at all time. My home sometimes descends into chaotic unchicness, but I usually keep one room chic at all times - my Living Room. I keep it clean and tidy at all times, cheered up with a vase of fresh flowers and I enjoy spending chic time there reading a good book with a cup of tea. By keeping it this way, I am able to enjoy it whwnever I want, and if a friend drops by, I am not embarrased to let them into my home.
- A home where you and your visitors are able to relax. It isn't a chic home if your guests are unable to relax because it is too formal or are afraid to move incase they break something. However, it is also important that your visitors respect your home.